Mom Has a List!
Hi, it is me again, Bo.
Mom's hand hurts today and she told me I could take over the blog. Well, just for today. It has been a stressful morning at our house. Toni Louise needs to reset her internal clock. She cares not that time has changed to Daylight Savings Time. It is still dark at 6:00 when she stands at the foot of Mom's bed and barks. I tried to tell her that we should all wait another hour and let Mom sleep.
Mom yells, "No, Toni, it is sleeping time." Then Toni barks again. This time Dad bellows, "Stop it!" Mom got up to take us dogs out. She was not very pleasant about it, mumbling about Toni being relentless. I was going to ask Eddie about this word, relentless, but he was not listening to me.
He was at the door barking his fool head off, before Mom even got there. Kevin was trying to talk to Eddie, too, but Eddie wasn't listening to anyone. Mom opened the door and that is when it happened.
Eddie ran (he usually waddles and takes his time), I was unaware that Eddie could move that fast! Then we all heard a kitten screaming. He had cornered the tiniest of all the kittens and one of Mom's favorites, the little black kitten from Lucy's litter.
I did not know that Mom could move so fast! She got to Eddie and whacked his bottom and then reached down to pick up the baby cat. The poor little thing was terrified. Mama cat Lucy was on the other side of the door making some threatening noises. Mom told Eddie that he was a bad boy and took the kitten inside to turn on a light and check him for bites. He was all slobbery but had no wounds.
Mom took the kitten out to Lucy, and she stopped making those noises. She came back on the porch and found the kitten that looks like Lucy and took that one to Lucy as well. The last of the three kittens was so afraid that it would not come to Mom and hid.
Mom says I am telling my story backwards. The rain is making everything wet and nasty. It has rained on and off for days. Dad has been on a mission to keep the kittens dry. Mom has told him that Lucy will take care of her kittens and find a dry spot for them.
Mom says her words must be falling on deaf ears, then she laughed, because Dad really is deaf without his hearing aids. I will let her tell that story. So, it was about to rain with big fat drops and wind. Dad was busy putting up the big umbrella in the corner of the outside deck. Mom asked what he was doing and he said that he wanted to get the kittens out of the rain. She told him that the shelter he was making was far too tall to protect the kittens. She told him that the wind would blow the rain under the umbrella. Then she went and got one of the big flowerpots the kittens like to play in and gathered them up and put them in it. "Problem solved." said Mom.
Dad was not done, though. He brought the babies onto the enclosed porch and set them up for the night. Without their Mama! This is how the attack happened! Both Dad and Eddie are on Mom's list. I just need to find out what that means, being on Mom's list. I do know I don't want to join them on that list!
Later, Mom helped Dad locate the last kitten and she took that one to Lucy. Then she told Dad to stop trying to help the mama cats take care of their babies. Then she put some laundry in that machine and sat down with that vile drink, coffee. That stuff smells awful! Now my time is up. I like to nap pretty often, and it is going to rain again. Writing is tiring!
Never a dull moment. Kittens are adorable. Our old boy is 12 and his alarm clock is busted, too. Hope you heal soon. And rain rain go away!
ReplyDeleteAt least your old pet doesn't stand at the foot of your bed and bark! I always jump when she does it and the day does ot go well!
ReplyDelete