I Need a Nap!
This so frustrating, the stupid pop-ups for ads cover a third of my screen. My son is in Hawaii on a well-deserved vacation with his family, so I won't call him. Instead, I will worry about the next storm that is said to be headed that way.
The rain continues to beat down here, but at night while we sleep. As a result, the morning weather is spectacular. I am picking green beans daily and we have grown tired of eating them. I discovered an acorn squash hiding under the bean vines that cover the fence. Then I found a butternut squash on the other side of the garden. Still getting yellow squash and cucumbers, too.
Two days ago, Kevin the cat started vomiting. I woke to a mess. I stepped in it and it squished up between my toes. While trying to not slip down, I splashed it in my face! So, there I was in the front yard, hose in hand cleaning up the mess while poor Kevin looked on. My hair was sticking up in odd places, and I have no idea what I was wearing when a car pulled up with a Walmart delivery. Not my best moment. It was a woman with a tank top and some very thin and tight capris on. She also looked like she had just left her bed to bring my packages.
But that is another story. Kevin is so sad. He has eaten very little for the past two days. He is lethargic and has lost weight. His bones are visible and he is not playing with the other cats. I don't have any chemicals or poisons in my yard. All my gardens are organic, and I don't know what he could have ingested. I am so worried about him. I have not heard him purr for three days. He went outside this morning and say on the porch for a while but left when the other cats came up and bothered him. The only ones he will tolerate is Ginger and Bo.
We will be at the vet come Monday. Kevin usually sleeps at the foot of our bed, but he hid under the bed with Bo last night. I want my playful happy boy back!
I have been working outside this past week. With all the ran I can see signs of erosion, especially where that big tree came down. I have been planting ferns and Hosta, along with some sedum ground cover up the side of the embankment. The Man likes to watch and tell me that my efforts will be wasted with the next rain. He stands well back from me, as I have been known to throw things at people who annoy me. Sticks, rocks, balls of wet dirt, or my favorite thing, spray him with the hose. So far, the rain has only helped the new plants to take root. I can't say why he argues with me .... I am always proved to be right!
Now I will make my way to the kitchen to build a gourmet dinner for The Man.
Comments
Post a Comment