Line Dancing?
The Patient continues to complain about the pain. The rehab clinic has yet to call to make an appointment. Now, he was told that if he was not contacted in a timely fashion, he should contact the rehab facility, or the doctor's office. The Patient has not done so. The Patient's wife refuses to.
I am busy most of the time tending gardens and animals, taking care of laundry and cooking and cleaning. The Patient just sits there in his recliner screwing up his face in pain and asking me where the pain pills are. I tell him every day that he took all the pain pills and to try Tylenol. Just yesterday he asked me if I took his pain pills! No, I did not take your stupid pain pills. That being said, I confess that I did take some out every day until there were so few it would be noticeable.
I hid them for real pain events; I didn't swallow any. I was appalled that he was given SIXTY pills. This was in week 7 and the pain was not unbearable. He said he just needed something that would allow him to sleep. Little did the doctor know that The Patient sleeps too much and without assistance. He does not suffer insomnia like I do.
So here we are, he won't make the call, and I won't make the call. Oh, well. Yesterday he wanted to go out for lunch, and we ate at one of our favorite diners. They have a fish sandwich the size of Rhode Island and we always bring half home. After that we took a ride in search of the Senior Center. After a lengthy round about via our navigational tools, we finally located it.
A very nice building, in town despite the way Siri got us there. It was a pleasant drive on back roads we had yet to venture down. We went in to see what they had to offer, and a very nice lady helped us. She did tell me her name, but I forgot. The oldsters on hand were deep into a game of Bridge, and all was very quiet. Looking at the activities available, The Patient expressed his desire to try line dancing!!
Are you kidding me! I wanted to scream in his face. If your pain is so bad, why would you want to participate in line dancing? Anyway, we are going to give it a try come Friday. Lunch is free every day, so we will try out the food before the dance. I was a little disappointed in the activities. No crafty stuff, no gardening stuff. A book club every third Wednesday caught my eye.
I will suggest some crafty stuff at my own peril. I would, no doubt, end up running it. Might not be so bad in the winter months. It would give us something to do besides going to see medical people. My hope is that The Patient will make a friend who might like to go fishing with him. I could have a holiday while he fishes.
I have hopes and dreams, you know ....
Good for you! Maybe the Patient will get so busy with activities he will forget his pain.
ReplyDelete