Unforgettable
Not much has changed here. The anti-virus pop-ups still cover one third of my laptop screen. The fruit flies multiply daily despite all my efforts to make them disappear. The Patient is still thwarting any effort to go to rehab. Oh, and the sun is quite hot when I go outside.
I have sent a text to my son about the laptop issues. I am hoping that will take care of that. The fruit flies continue to swarm my face and fly up under my glasses and get into my eyes, mouth and nose. I am the (proud?) owner of not one, but 2 ZEVO contraptions. They do catch some on their sticky surface, but my fruit flies seem not to be enchanted with the blue light that is supposed to attract them. In addition to the ZEVOs I have small saucers of vinegar and dish soap all over the place. The Patient saw something that said they are living in our drains. Then he discovered a product that will take care of the drains and eliminate the flies.
I have flushed baking soda and vinegar down each drain followed by a tea kettle full of boiling water. That did not make them disappear, so I poured drain opener down each drain and in the toilet. All at the same time before taking myself to bed. Finding an expensive product just for the problem, The Patient was quite excited and wanted to go straightaway to a Walmart to purchase it. We needed water anyway, so off we went. He filled water bottles while I navigated the grocery aisles in a newly renovated store.
I hate new things. I liked it when I could zip in and find what I was looking for and get out in a timely matter. Anyway, he stood in the produce section at the front of the store awaiting his wife. I thought he was going to scope out the new product, and he assumed I was going to get it. You know what happens when you assume things? He forgot and I was in shopping hell trying to find where the items on my list had been relocated. We failed to get the one thing we went for.
Toni Louise continues to age rapidly. Her face looks so tiny, compared to her body. She is very thin but appears to be a lot bigger due to her magnificent coat of fur. She is still happy to have a routine of diapering every night. She likes the routine we have. I have long since learned not to ask The Patient to diaper her. He always manages to make it too tight or too loose and sometimes catches her hip up into it, making her stumble along. I scoop her up on the bed and we have our evening chats and sometimes I will sing to her. She likes my singing. Last night's song was an inspiration formed in my very own mind. To the tune of Unforgettable, I crooned "You're incontinent, that's what you. You're incontinent, but you're a star. And that's why darling, it's incredible that I appear to be incontinent, too." Bo likes to sing along until The Patient yells at him to shut up, so we wait until he is in the shower. Then we have our smoochie fest, and I put her gently onto the floor. TMI?
Comments
Post a Comment