Crappy Internet
I was looking forward to today as I lay me down to sleep last night. The Patient had physical therapy, and I was thinking I would be able to get so much done while alone here. The barking began at 6am. Toni was the culprit. She still had her diaper on and obviously did not need to go out. Hungry?
Who knows why she starts the day by barking until I get up. Thinking it might be hunger, I have been giving them less food in the morning and then feeding them again at 4pm. But she still starts her wake-up campaign so early. When the time changes back, it will be 5am when she wants me up. It is still dark at 6, and I am not happy about dragging myself from the warm bed. Eddie and Bo are happy to stay in bed, it is just Toni.
After getting up earlier than I really wanted to, I started the day and fed the animals, made my coffee and sat down to choose a new audiobook to listen to while I was outside working during my free time. Well, wouldn't you know it, my library card has expired! I wanted to call right them while it was foremost in my mind, but the library is not open so early.
I discovered after much research, and many calls, a clinic to have the cats spayed/neutered and was planning to call to see what I needed to do to get on the list for the days that they do a sterilization clinic and vaccinations, as well. I looked them up and could not find a number to call.
Ginger had come in and was busy irritating Eddie and making him warn her with a bark. I really did need more sleep, and this was annoying me. I think this is when I knew I was not going to be productive while I had the house to myself.
None of the morning noise bothers The Man without his hearing aids unless they are in the same room as he is. I find this annoying as well. My mother was not one to consider others when she got up. She made noise intentionally and would gladly proclaim that if she couldn't sleep, nobody else was going to sleep. So, I try to curb that particular trait in myself. Some days, though, I tend to want to agree with her philosophy.
I submitted the application for the cats, renewed my library card, repotted a plant and came in to find that Toni had peed and totally missed the pee pad, despite having been out most of the morning. After cleaning that up and mopping the entire house because I am loathe to waste good mopping water. Of course, the entire house is not that much floor to mop, but it sounds like I did a lot more for the benefit of telling The Man what I accomplished in an attempt to guilt him into getting the chainsaw out to help me limb some trees and cut two that are dead.
It is downright cold in the morning, but when the sun is shining directly overhead it gets hot in the afternoon, so I am waiting for the cooler temperature of the afternoon to go back out. I am resting, The Man says he needs rest after physical therapy, but I have a promise involving the chainsaw later today.
I will have to be content with his promise. After 4 years, he finally put my clothesline up! He suggested using the dryer and I do like to use it on my sheets as the dog hair will end up in the lint trap, but I like to hang out most things, especially Toni's diapers and pee pads. I think the dryer is the reason her diaper velco is not sticking.
I wrote this two days ago. Since then, the internet service has been spotty. Hard enough to use this stupid laptop, with the pop-ups for malware blocking 1/3 of the screen to make me not even open it. The headache that has been plaguing my life for a month is still with me. Too much to do outside to just sit back and let things be!
Despite your early morning wake up call it sounds like you got a lot done.
ReplyDelete