A Few Of My Favorite Things

 I have been battling headaches for about a month. Tylenol will reduce the pain, but it lingers waiting to attack. Yes, I have made an appointment to see my primary. What would my life be without numerous trips to a medical facility?

I am relatively pain free at the moment, but I would not be surprised to be struck with a brand-new headache at any moment. A heat wave has finally come up to our elevation, preventing me from being outside. Fall is more work than Spring for gardeners. Time to get the gardens bedded down for the coming winter. My flower gardens are looking sad and unkempt. My veggie garden is slowly disappearing as I gather the last few fruits of my labor.

The fruits of my labor are probably the reason for the fruit flies. I just chopped a tomato and mixed it with olive oil, olives and fresh mozzarella. I had every intention of baking a loaf of bread to tear apart and dip, but the headache of the day hit me and now it is too late to let it rise properly.

I decided to mop my floors before cooking. My floor is so tiny you wouldn't think it would take much effort. But I like to sweep, then vacuum and move the furniture before I actually drag out a mop bucket. I employed the help of The Man who does not pay attention to detail. I sent him outside with the rugs to shake and put him in charge of dusting the ceiling fans and such. He finally took the hint and made himself scarce. Things went quite smoothly after his exile. One of my favorite things is walking barefoot on clean floors.

The Man has compiled a list of supplies to facilitate the closet addition. He asked if I was aware of how much it would cost, I told him that I was very aware. It will not come near the cost of his new mower! That was another favorite thing of mine .... that "gothcha" moment that leaves him mumbling and retreating.

Now we wait to see how long he tries to procrastinate n this closet. It will be 10 X 10. Washer and dryer will occupy a corner, along with our secondary fridge. This will free up almost 3' of space in our bedroom. I am excited to be able to relocate our bed and have walking room on each side. It will also leave room for a bigger panty for my kitchen supplies where the stacked washer dryer is now. The Man claims to not understand what I am talking about. "Don't try to be an idiot, it is not working." I said.

This makes me remember his first attempt to "build" something. He was using particle board for the floor. Nothing wrong with that, it serves the purpose. But you can't get it wet. He framed out the floor and was putting down the first piece when I queried about his sequence of events. "I think you have to put the roof on first and dry the building in before you put that floor down."

"I think I know what I am doing, you just need to go inside and take care of the babies (the twins were babies)." was his comeback. I said I was able to do two things at once and the babies were napping, dinner was simmering in a crockpot, and I thought I might be of assistance. "What if it rains?" He assured me that it was not going to rain and he would have a roof on before that happened.

Do I need to tell you that a thunderstorm hit our area not long after he spoke? The wood was soaked and was "bubbling" up in areas that were not exactly level as the water dried. Not to be thwarted by mere water, he ventured out after the storm and was walking on the "bubbles" and his weight was pushing the water out. "See," he said "I have it under control." he was sort of bouncing on a stubborn "bubble" at the time and went through his wet particle board as he spoke.

I could not stop laughing, tears streaming down my face. Lucky to be young, pee was not streaming down my legs. He failed to see the humor and still does when I am telling stories of his antics to the grands. Another one of my favorite things. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Diggity Dog!

Gardens and Cats

Mulch, Teeth and Steppingstones